Request for Proposals
Introduction: The Water Management Association of Ohio (WMAO), a non-profit organization dedicated to all of Ohio’s water resources, is in need of administrative support and is accepting contract for services proposals for supporting WMAO administrative functions, membership management, communications, fiscal, and assistance with conferences.
Background: WMAO was established in 1971 with the mission “to support Ohio’s water resource professionals with essential information, education, and networking opportunities.” Our vision is “to be recognized statewide as the go-to community for people who manage and safeguard Ohio’s water resources. WMAO also has six divisions, each with their own leadership & programing which include: the Ohio Dam Safety Organization (ODSO), Ohio Floodplain Management Association (OFMA), Ohio Groundwater Association (OGWA), Ohio Lake Management Society (OLMS), Ohio Stormwater Association (OSWA), and Ohio Watershed Professional Association (OWPA).
Ideal Candidate: A self-motivated individual willing to take a leadership role in an established organization focused on water resources.
- Administrative: Act as a primary point of contact for e-mail directed to WMAO and distribute correspondence as appropriate, record and compile meeting minutes associated with board meetings, consult with accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, and other specialized professionals regarding the operation of WMAO.
- Membership Management: Maintain and manage membership lists, utilize Club Express membership management software, and help WMAO grow its membership.
- Communications: Grow WMAO’s social media footprint, manage the WMAO website, design and distribute a quarterly newsletter, ensure regular communication to WMAO membership, Division Membership, and various Boards of Directors, and increase event attendance.
Fiscal Responsibilities: Coordinate with Executive Committee to prepare the annual budget for WMAO and each Division, manage accounts receivable and payable, generate invoices for WMAO and Division events, generate and distribute financial reports for WMAO and its Divisions, and oversee and ensure the preparation and filling of all taxes in coordination with an accountant retained by WMAO. – Contracted until December 2023.
- Conference and Event Responsibilities: Coordinate and implement registration for WMAO Fall Conference, Ohio Floodplain Management Association Annual Conference, WMAO / Environmental Professional Network spring event, Division/ Ohio Water Resources Center luncheons, and Division events. Act as WMAO’s primary point of contract for Ohio EPA Water/Wastewater contact hours when appropriate and requested. Serve as a key player in the WMAO Conference Planning Committee.
- Fund Raising and Sponsorship Growth: Re-establish fund raising events, increase sponsorship support, and recruit advertisers and advertisements for WMAO publications and events.
Minimum Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of non-profit management, and willingness to learn desired qualifications if not proficient.
Desired Qualifications: Proficiency in QuickBooks, Club Express, and database management.
- Executive summary
- Background information about you/ your business
- Any relevant experiences
- Any terms and conditions for working with you
- Pricing for each project piece of interest (i.e. administrative, membership, communication, etc.)
- Proposed additional services/ deliverables
- Why WMAO should select you over others.
Please submit your proposal in .pdf format to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
WMAO will evaluate the proposals based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the requirements outlined in this RFP
- Relevant experience and performance
- Quoted cost
WMAO reserves the right to award the contract to the vender that represents the best value to the organization as determined by WMAO Executive Leadership Team.
WMAO’s timeline for RFP and project
- Request for proposal issuance: 1/31/2023
- Deadline for submission: 5/12/2023
- Selection: 5/31/2023
- Onboarding of successful candidate: ASAP, with opportunity to take on more opportunities over time